Kyng Bea - King Beautiful
American Idol Season 2 on ABC Network
Virtual Live SHOW!
Kyng Bea is a multi-talented R&B artist based out of Raeford, North Carolina. With a background in piano from the age of three, Kyng’s true passion for music was sparked around the young age of twelve when he began taking piano more seriously. Around the age of 18 he began singing while watching the album recording process of distant family while visiting New York, and following the praise he received for his help on the project, he began to shift his focus to vocal work as well as piano.
His personal sound is within the vein of R&B while showcasing an electronic Pop twist that is new and refreshing. With music having always had a profound impact on his life, he views it as a means of expression and a way to convey his deep internal world in an external way. He has likened his work to the hieroglyphics of ancient Egypt; his songs are able to provide the imagery of his personal journey and of his Lumbee/Tuscarora Native American and African heritages. He hopes that his work will gain a special place in the hearts of his listeners and become a companion to growth and inspiration.
With many of his live performances involving piano, he is increasingly stepping into the role of an energetic front performer, and his eccentric sense of style adds to his performance. Thus far he has had the opportunity to open for several notable acts including The Tams in Fayetteville, NC, and Patti Labelle at the Wilson center in Wilmington, NC. He has done many performances to date and has worked the cruise ship circuit as well as doing piano bar performances and work with show bands. With new music and performances always in the pipeline, his work can currently be found across most digital streaming platforms including Spotify, and Apple Music, and he can also be found online at kyngbea.com.
If you would like to see Kyng Bea behind the scenes, be sure to follow his social media:
Facebook: Kyng Bea
Snapchat: Branlean (Kyng Bea)
Highlights And Press
Highlights for 2019
- Performed at the North Carolina Governors Mansion for Mr. & Mrs. Roy Cooper
- Auditioned for American Idol on ABC network, and got a Golden Ticket to Hollywood!
- Opened for Patti Labelle at the Wilson center in Wilmington, NC.
- Hosted, performed, and Entertainment Coordinator for Fayetteville Pride Fest 2019. (Over 5000 attendees!)
- Music Director for "LumBEES: Women of the Dark Water".
- Performed at Imurj for First Night® Raleigh, NC for New years. (The Acorn drop)
- Got radio play and an interview for College radio. (RayThomas Variety Show)
- judged the Ultimate Lip Sync battle for the Child advocacy center (C.A.C) at the Crown Coliseum.
- Hosted the First Annual Fayetteville Pride Fest in Fayetteville, NC.
- Opened for the 50th annual Lumbee homecoming in Pembroke, NC.
- Became one of the first performers at Tails Piano Bar in Wilmington NC.
- Opened for Platinum Award winning group, "The Tams" - The Fayetteville Observer
- Performed on the Carnival Legend in Sydney, Australia
- Performed on the Carnival Splendor in Miami, FL
- Performed on the Carnival Pride in Baltimore, MD
- Performed on the Carnival Imagination in Los Angeles, CA
- Performed on the Carnival Victory in Cape Canaveral, FL
Down to just $300, Brandon McLean left his home in Red Springs and drove to Atlanta to audition for a singing gig... - The Fayetteville Observer
Local singer to live the "dream" aboard Carnival Cruise Lines... - The Robesonian